Xiaomi was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur Lei Jun, who believes that high-quality technology doesn’t need to cost a fortune. We create remarkable hardware, software, and internet services for and with the help of our Mi fans. We incorporate their feedback into our product range, which currently includes the Mi Note Pro, Mi Note, Mi 4, Redmi 2, Mi TV, Mi Band and other accesso- ries. With more than 61 million handsets sold in 2014, and products launched in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Indonesia and Brazil, Xiaomi is expanding its footprint across the world to become a global brand.
The “MI” in our logo stands for “Mobile Internet”. It also has other meanings, including “Mission Impossible”, because Xiaomi faced many challenges that had seemed impossible to defy in our early days.
- Engage and build relationships with Mi TV cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Content, Partners, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to ensure localization requirements are implemented and the localization process is well understood.
- Work with product teams to ensure localizability best practices are followed to launch new products, decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
- Analyze localizability and localization workflow issues and provide optimal solutions
- Review, prioritize, and track progress of issues that affect localized product relevancy, quality, and functionality
- Create and execute on the localization schedule
- Work with team to ensure that deliveries are completed correctly and on time
- 2+ years of experience in localization (no requirements for internship)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Communication skills, ability to work across time zones and cultures
- Ability to drive results in cross-functional teams
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment