Volunteers supporting people with Special Needs
Our organization is an China local NGO supporting people with Special Needs in improving their confidence, connecting with their communities and gaining social recognition through the art as a way to educate and improve their quality of life. By setting up workshops and providing training programs in communities, we provide them free arts courses and we focus on their families as well.
We are an NGO dedicated to eliminate social prejudice and exclusion toward the Special Needed, through free art courses, self-confidence rebuilding and social interaction for them and their families.
Until the end of 2016, our goal is provide public welfare services of art in more than 10 cities, a total of 100 communities composed by 3.000 trainees and create income opportunities for 80% of the trainees. Among them, make to 25% of them be able to implement real income, create art professional training and the opportunity to further study for 15% of the trainees, create social opportunities and to expand social contact for 80% of the trainees. Not less than 60% of the trainees’ families participate in our service activities, not less than 80% of the trainees show their unique artistic talent on a public platform; develop and cultivate the volunteer faculty team in not less than 300, 50% of whom are from local communities, and the commitment to service time for not less than 10.000 hours a year.
- Networking with associations, clubs and media which primarily target the international population in the 4 cities currently operates in China, that is , Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou and Shenzhen, for partnership development and maintenance;
- Supporting the program team on development of new teaching materials and methodologies with international perspective;
- Working with Global View team on development of overseas NOG partners for possible collaborations in China and/or abroad;
- Supporting of regular external communications work;
- Experience working as part of a team in an international environment;
- Clear mindset, good working habits, systematic thinking logic;
- Good communication skills and social ability.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Good team player to work with people with various backgrounds;
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes