Shanghai Jiaotong University (2020 SCHEDULE)
Conveniently located in Shanghai; a metropolitan city that also serves as China’s most important financial center, Shanghai Jiaotong University (SJTU) is among the oldest, highly influential universities in China. This is the first university that hosts our China study abroad programs; the other one being Fudan University. The university covers a well-developed and broad infrastructure base of more than 200 hectares. Originally known as the Nan Yang School in 1896, by the 1930s many were referring to it as the “Eastern MIT”.
Why Shanghai Jiaotong University?
- Teachers' staff of more than 70 experienced professors
- More than 3000 international students, including 500 degree students, 2,000 long-term and 500 short-term language students
- Since 2003 the University is one of the HSK examination centres
- Modern Chinese class and excellent multimedia facilities.
- XuHui campus offers convenient transportation options and perfect learning environment.
- Global university with numerous overseas partners
Shanghai Jiaotong University 2020 Program Dates
|Course||Application Due||Registration||Start Date||End Date|
|1 Academic Year||15-Dec-19||20-Feb-20||21-Feb-20||29-Jan-21|
Shanghai Jiaotong University Program Price
|Program Length||Program Type||Full Service with Homestay||Full Service with Shared Apartment||Full Service with Private Apartment|
|1 Academic Year||Standard||US$15,480||US$16,980||US$20,850|
ADD ONS (with Internship Program) PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
|Location||1- Month||2 - Month|
* Internship Placement only with visa support documents, and the Chinese lessons may required for some fields, please contact us for more details.
What Is Included In The Program Fee?
- ACCOMMODATION/HOUSING: Go Abroad China housing offers you the no-hassle option of a secure place to live from the moment you arrive, allowing you to focus on your studies or work. Click accommodation options or more details.
- CHINESE LANGUAGE COURSES: You will be provided with 3 classes of Chinese Lessons per week in a small group or our our Professional Chinese tutors. You can even learn Chinese in a month! (the basics)
- VISA SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION: When enrolment is completed, all of our china interns are given the necessary visa support documents needed to apply for a visa to enter the People & Republic of China.
- PRE-DEPARTURE ASSISTANCE: Prior to your arrival in China, GAC offers professional and reliable information and assistance to help you resolve any inquiries or concerns you may have regarding your china internship program and life in China.
- ORIENTATION ON ARRIVAL WITH WELCOME PACK: You will receive an orientation session to help you get settled in and to brief you on how your internship in China will work. Your welcome pack will include a local mobile phone, transportation card, city map, and other orientation materials. Click welcome pack for details.
- Business Networking Events
To help you grow your network of connections and encourage your learning experience, we organize a range of business networking events for you to attend throughout your internship program.
- Fun social and cultural activities, guided tours and excursions
Your program includes a range of social and cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions to give the opportunity to learn more about Chinese language and culture.
- Charity excursions
To enhance your experience in China, your internship program will include charity excursions.
- TRANSPORTATION: Airport pickup & drop-off (9am - 8pm, Beijing Time).
- Welcome dinner and networking session
A welcome dinner and networking session is organised to help you meet fellow interns and get settled in.
- Program courses and materials including electives
We will supply all the courses and materials relevant to your program and choices during your internship program.
- Travel coordination and assistance
The GAC team will be available to help you with your travel planning and coordination needs.
- 24/7 STAFF ASSISTANCE:
Should any problems arise at any time during the Chinese internship program, Go Abroad China staff members will be available on call at anytime day or night.
- Day-to-day living set-up and support
Our team will help he get set-up for daily living in China and offer any day-to-day support you need for a hassle-free stay.
- Certificate of completion and relevant course credits
You will get to take home any credits you gained during your time in China as well as a formal certificate of completion for your internship program.
- Charity excursions
- Standard program includes 20 academic hours a week, while the intensive course offers 25 academic hours. Intensive program is suitable for students seeking for fast improvement and achieving fluency in Chinese in a short term. Standard program is for those who prefer slower pace of studying and like to combine learning with leisure.
- Program application deadline is two weeks before the program starts.
- Time and program schedule are flexible. We will make all necessary arrangement during your arrival and stay in China.
- Each program component, like Chinese language curriculum, full Internship package, accommodation and others are optional. Excluded components will be deducted from final package price. We can also provide Individual, customised program based on your specific requirement. Home stay only program is also available.
- Additional language class fees are US $30 per academic hour for private tutoring class and US $25 per academic hour for small group class.
Ten reasons to Choose Go Abroad China's Chinese Programs
- Go Abroad China has been providing internships, Chinese classes and the study tours in China since 2003.
- We use qualified and experienced teachers who are bilingual, comprehensively trained, and who have years of Chinese teaching experience.
- We offer a wide range of programs for all levels: small group classes, private tutoring, study at China’s top Universities (BLCU, Peking University, Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiaotong, and more).
- You take home your credits, transcripts, and certificates, which are recognized and accepted by all the Universities in the world.
- We offer a wide range of useful and practical Chinese courses for all levels.
- We offer three quality accommodation options: homestay, private apartment, and a shared apartment.
- You’ll get a great student life, various fun cultural activities to help you make international friends.
- We have professional service staff to help you settle in China.
- You’ll get personalised follow up during your internship or study in China.
- We have academic partnerships all around the globe.
What Will I Learn in my Chinese Classes?
The main areas of study are general Chinese, Mandarin Chinese for beginners/intermediate / advanced, Business Chinese, and HSK preparation. You can also choose to focus on law, business & commerce, current affairs, and reading & speaking. Chinese language instructors are often rotated to promote efficient and fast learning, and for students to benefit from different teachers. A student will typically master up to 800 new characters (100-200 per month) over a semester. This will allow you to hold a simple conversation in Chinese, for example talking about the weather, your likes and dislikes, shopping and almost effortlessly getting around town.