Study Abroad at Tsinghua University
Tsinghua University (THU), established in 1911, is a revered tertiary education institute. Alongside Peking University, Tsinghua is one of the top-ranked universities for learning and research in China, forming part of an elite group of universities called the C9 League. Ranked 30th in the Times Higher Education World Rankings, Tsinghua University is renowned both locally and internationally. As one of China's most prestigious and influential universities, Tsinghua is committed to cultivating global citizens who will thrive in today's world and become tomorrow's leaders.
Tsinghua University campus is located on the site of the former imperial gardens of the Qing Dynasty in northwest Beijing. The campus itself has many traditional and historic buildings juxtaposed with modern architecture. Tsinghua University would be an excellent choice for your study abroad or Chinese language program in Beijing. However, if you’d like to be further afield in Shanghai, why not look at Jiaotong or Fudan University.
Tsinghua University offers students a world-class education and has a solid background in research. As a polytechnic institute, they are strong in the fields of science, engineering, management and humanities. Many graduates from Tsinghua University have gone on to become great leaders and influential contributors to society and have made impressive accomplishments.
Tsinghua University has 47 762 students, including the 2 865 international students from over 50 different countries. The campus offers a friendly, comfortable and productive environment for international students to learn and practice the Chinese language and form new friendships with other students from all corners of the world, who come united in receiving a top education in one of China’s most respected universities.
Undergraduates, graduates, and professionals can study a variety of academic courses for credits. To help immerse you more deeply into campus life and the Chinese culture, field trips, extracurricular and social events are available for you to take part in.
Why Tsinghua University?
Join the multitude of international and local students who have found Tsinghua University a great place to learn and socialize. Tsinghua University:
- Has 20 schools and 58 departments, delivering a broad range of study options for both local and international students
- Collaborates with other famous international universities
- Has a beautiful campus with access to a variety of resources and a profound history
- Has many students who have achieved outstanding academic achievements
- Is one of our China Study Abroad Program partners and provides an exciting opportunity to become immersed in the Chinese language and culture
- International recognition for outstanding academic performance
- Total immersion in Chinese language and culture
- Affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs
- The program fee covers tuition, accommodation, visa support documents, textbooks, certificate, free culture electives, social activities and guided tours to tourist sites, networking events, welcome pack, and total support and assistance
- Homestay accommodation or shared apartment with a Chinese roommate
- College credit transfer available
Transcripts & Certification
Upon successful completion of the Go Abroad China Mandarin Language Program at Tsinghua University, you will receive an official certificate and results transcript from the university, which is accepted by most universities around the world. Successful completion requires an 80% attendance rate and passing grades for the exams and overall course. Once you have completed the course Go Abroad China will provide you with all the necessary documentation and assistance for credit transfer. Study abroad for a semester here; you will soon be speaking Chinese like one of the locals!
Chinese Language Courses at Tsinghua University
Learn Chinese in Beijing at Tsinghua University’s Chinese Language School and be fully immersed in Mandarin Chinese and the Chinese culture. Your classes will include all aspects of learning Mandarin Chinese, including speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, classical Chinese and Chinese affairs. The program has been designed to accelerate your grasp and proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
The highly qualified staff have years of experience of teaching Chinese as a second language and helping students to achieve excellent results in a short time. Classes are available for any Mandarin proficiency level from absolute beginners to advanced students. Along with your language classes, a series of free lectures will be provided for a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, society, history and traditions.
- Course length options range from one week to two months
- 20 classes per week
- Well-designed curriculum including speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Original courses such as Hot Topic, Pronunciation and Reading Aloud
- The program includes a variety of compulsory and practical courses
- The courses include a language exchange program with a native Chinese speaker
- The courses include social and networking events
- The courses include sightseeing tours and other cultural immersion activities
Tsinghua University 2019 Program Dates
Tsinghua University Program Prices (NEW)
*All prices are shown in USD
- There are two program levels – Standard and Intensive. The standard program includes 20 academic hours a week, while the intensive course includes 25 hours. The intensive program is suitable for students who want to accelerate their learning and want to achieve fluency in Chinese in a shorter time. The standard program is great for those who prefer a slower pace of studying and like to combine learning with leisure.
- The program application deadline is two weeks before the program starts.
- The timing and program schedule are flexible. We will make all necessary arrangements before your arrival and stay in China.
- Each program component, such as Chinese language curriculum, the full Internship package, accommodation and others are optional. The price of the excluded components will be deducted from the overall package price for you. We can also provide individualized, customized programs based on your specific requirement. A homestay only program is also available.
- Additional language classes fees are:
- USD $30 per hour for additional one-on-one tutoring classes
- USD $25 per hour for additional small classes.
If you have any other questions or requirements, don’t hesitate to contact us online or email us at [email protected].
What’s Included in the Program Fee ?
At GAC, our primary aim is to make sure your stay in China is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Over time we’ve found that our students ultimately become our friends. Our programs can easily be customized to suit your needs. Whether you want to come and learn Chinese and study in China for a few weeks, over winter or summer, for a semester or an academic year, Go Abroad China have a program for you. If you still have questions or want to know more, why not contact us? Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Your program fee includes the following:
Four Easy Steps to Learning Chinese in China
Step one: Apply online
Once you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to learn Chinese in China, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your Chinese learning experience – why you want to study abroad, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Learn Chinese Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract and all the required documents for your study visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your Chinese study experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
What are you waiting for? Apply online now!
Learn Chinese the fastest way in an immersive and culturally rich experience which will fast track your learning experience. Have all your needs taken care of and broaden your horizons, be more independent and make friends for life!
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices start from US$1,980, depending on your service components, accommodation and length of stay.