Learn Chinese in a Small Group in China.
Want to learn Chinese in China but short on time? Hate larger classes? Looking for a group or family class? Small group classes are just the thing.
Start speaking Mandarin in just a few weeks with our intensive small group language classes. More than just a language program, the small group intensive Mandarin classes offer you an unforgettable experience that combines flexible accelerated learning with exciting and interesting Chinese activities. See the famous and not so famous sights like the Forbidden City or the Dragon Escalator; experience adventure; try out cultural activities like Thai Chi, Calligraphy or Kung Fu. Enhance your experience by adding in an internship, volunteering or additional travel around China.
Our small group Chinese language program is perfect for individuals who prefer smaller classes, need flexibility because they have limited time, groups wanting a personalized experience or even families. The intensive program will help you to start speaking Mandarin within a few weeks.
Learning to speak Mandarin can open doors for you and make a positive impact on your career (especially if you pair it with practical work experience through an internship). You don’t have to be a University student to learn Chinese either, and we have a range of courses available to suit you, from small group classes through to university programs.
Come to Zhongguo (China in Mandarin), and you will be amazed at what you see!
Transferring to an international university in another country can be a complicated process. Making sure you have everything sorted, from choosing the right place to study to transferring credits, organizing visas and getting around can do your head in. Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your stay in China is memorable for the right reasons! GAC can make sure you get into the university of your choice, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC arranges affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for you.
Tuan - Australia Internship Program in Beijing
Living and working in Beijing really opened my eyes. The people are extremely nice and helpful. During work, even though there is a huge language barrier, my colleagues do try to communicate with me and the manager was able to organise me to learn from different departments. I was able to make new friends and visit many places in Beijing. Everyone from GAC are very helpful and supportive. Overall I am satisfied with the program. Read More
Laura - USA Internship Program in Shanghai
Go aboard China was the one of the best things to happen to me!!! I did the homestay program where I stayed with the cutest family they were so kind to me!!! Kinder then the family I have now lol I actually miss them and think of them often even though it's been a few months since I left the program. I also got to work in an amazing engineering firm Wison were I had the most loving and hilarious coworkers, I literally just fit right in ! GAC I would recommend to a friend or any one reading this. Even when i wasn't in the city of Shanghai , GAC still helped me, plan , get and make sure I was safe during my trip to Beijing. I love GAC!!! Read More
Chris - United Kingdom Internship Program in Beijing
My time in China has been extremely rewarding. When I arrived, the culture shock was immense but I quickly settled into Chinese life, thanks to Gina and the GAC team. My internship was exactly what I was looking for, and it gave me the opportunity to work in a fantastically social co-working space in the heart of Sanlitun SOHO, a cosmopolitan and refined area. Read More
David - Australia Internship Program in Shanghai
Overall I enjoyed my experience with GAC. I was pleased with the amount of knowledge I learned and the new experiences I went through during my internship as a financial analyst at a finance company which GAC found on my behalf. The internship made me realize how fast things move in the finance industry and I feel it has prepared me well for the transition from university to the work force. Read More
Why Learn Chinese with Go Abroad China Small Group Program?
Finding the right school to learn Chinese can be complicated, especially if you want a high level of flexibility! Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your stay in China is memorable for the right reasons! GAC can help you define your tailored Chinese learning program, enrol you in your chosen program, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC organizes affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language courses. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for you.
Over and above the great package inclusions we offer, GAC also provide small group Chinese classes that offer:
Where possible, we rotate our teachers are regularly to keep the learning atmosphere fresh which allows our students to benefit from the instructors’ varied strengths and teaching style. The course can include between two and six hours a day of formal study, with a ratio of one instructor to 5-15 international students.
We offer flexible class hours because some of our students need to balance Chinese study with work, travel or other commitments. The program length and commencement dates can also be arranged to meet any requirements our applicants have and make things are as convenient as possible for them.
Besides the conventional classroom style learning, we also value the importance of non-classroom activities to enhance your knowledge of the Chinese language and understanding of our culture. GAC organizes several out-of-class activities and city tours. We also encourage our students to take part in language exchange.
We ensure programs include a modern and well thought out curriculum to suit both our short-term and long-term students, ensuring everyone gets the best lessons and support during his or her time of study. Our lesson plans are carefully organized, bearing in mind the interest, time frames and learning style of our applicants.
A day in the life of a Participant
It can be hard to imagine what your time in China will be like without first-hand experience. A typical day for our interns is:
- Start the day at your intern position
- Wander around the city and explore over lunch
- Take part in cultural classes set to your level of capability
- Enjoy a cultural activity and learn more about China
- Plan your next activities and spend time with your personal tutor
- Relax and chill with your classmates before a night on the town
Here are reasons why you should learn Mandarin Chinese, and more so, why you should come to China to learn it:
- Experience one of the world’s oldest civilizations juxtaposed with modern living; get immersed in the rich sights, sounds and flavors of China, they’re unique!
- Learn to speak the world’s most spoken language faster than you ever could by learning at home (and get in loads of practice with the locals while you’re here).
- Challenge yourself and grow; develop critical thinking and confidence, learn to adapt, get to know yourself better, and develop skills that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life.
- Add an experience to your résumé that will make you stand out from the crowd. Both college and employers value the characteristics you have and develop as an international student and intern.
- See some of the world’s oldest buildings, meet endangered pandas, explore the vast regional areas of China that range from mountains to deserts, and get the chance to see record breaking bridges and futuristic architecture.
- Make new friends for life that live all over the world (you may even have opportunities to visit them in their countries later on!).
- Gain global perspectives from the world’s largest exporter, get to understand international trade and how to do it well.
- Many companies across the globe, especially multinational corporations either have a presence in China or do business with China. The demand for English/Mandarin Chinese speakers is high, but the number of people who are fluent in both is low. This opens up amazing opportunities for your future!
About the curriculum
Go Abroad China organizes tailored Chinese learning experiences based on your needs, goals, and interests with internationally accredited institutions. Your program will include:
- A small class style learning format perfect for individuals, groups, and families
- Classes tailored to your level of Mandarin proficiency, from absolute beginner all the way through to advanced classes and an intensive Mandarin program
- The curriculum can be customized according to your requirements
- Flexibility with the schedule of classes
- Free cultural or language-based electives to choose from
- A language exchange program with a native Chinese speaker - one of the best ways to grasp the Chinese language is to talk to Chinese people in everyday conversations
- Pre-selected tutors with years of professional experience teaching Chinese as a foreign language
- Free guided city tours, outings, and other activities
- Accommodationin a private or shared apartment with a Chinese roommate, or homestay
- Opportunities for part-time job introduction, as well as taking part in an internship.
Small Class Program – Dates & Fees
*All prices in USD
What’s Included in a GAC Language Program?
At GAC, our primary aim is to make sure your stay in China is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Over time we’ve found that our students ultimately become our friends. Our programs can easily be customized to suit your needs. Whether you want to come and learn Chinese and study in China for a few weeks, over winter or summer, for a semester or an academic year, Go Abroad China have a program for you. If you still have questions or want to know more, why not contact us? Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Your program fee includes the following:
Choose Where You Want to Live and Learn Chinese
Go Abroad China offers you a range of Chinese cities to live and study abroad in.
Four Easy Steps to Learning Chinese in China
Step one: Apply online
Once you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to learn Chinese in China, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your Chinese learning experience – why you want to study abroad, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Learn Chinese Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract and all the required documents for your study visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your Chinese study experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
What are you waiting for? Apply online now!
Learn Chinese the fastest way in an immersive and culturally rich experience which will fast track your learning experience. Have all your needs taken care of and broaden your horizons, be more independent and make friends for life!
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices start from US$1,980, depending on your service components, accommodation and length of stay.