For the Parents
Sending your child overseas for a year can be a daunting experience, both for you and for them. You may not have been apart for long periods of time or may be overwhelmed by the logistics of it all. That’s where Go Abroad China comes in! We are here to help organize their time away, making it simpler to plan and prepare for an enjoyable time living, working and studying abroad.
Welcome to GAC
Parents play an essential part in their children spending a successful time abroad. At GAC we work closely with you and your children to ensure a smooth transition into their study or work abroad program. We welcome your feedback and concerns so we can plan the best possible opportunities for your child/children. We are committed to organizing the best possible experience abroad for your Child.
Why Choose China for your Child’s Experience Abroad?
Give your child a competitive edge and a head start on a fantastic future by sending them to China to study and/or intern. You won’t regret the decision!
Invest in Their Future
Coming to China is an investment in their future. With China being such a great global giant in the world’s economy, getting to know and understand the culture and business values of China can only stand them in good stead for a prosperous future. If they’re completing an internship, they’ll gain valuable international work experience and get to understand the trends within their industry.
Open Up to Great Opportunities
Improve your child’s work prospects by letting them learn and a new language that can help them do business with the world’s largest manufacturing country. They’ll gain an understanding of globalization, learn to think critically and learn to adapt to and appreciate cultural differences.
Gain New Insights
Our program participants go home with new perspectives and insights. They learn about themselves, and about different cultures, they gain independence and confidence, and, most importantly, they have the time of their lives exploring one of the world’s oldest and culturally rich civilizations.
Grow A Network of Friends
Your child will come to China with participants from around the globe. They’ll make new friendships that will last a lifetime. They’ll have the opportunity to attend business networking events in which they’ll connect with Chinese and International business people and grow their business network.
Getting the Most out of Their Time Away
Getting involved in and understanding our process can help you feel confident about your decision to choose us and China for your child’s international study or work abroad experience. Remember, no question is too hard. Our team is here to support you throughout the process to make it as smooth and hassle-free as possible and to ensure you that your child is in good hands with GAC.
With GAC you get:
The application process includes completing our online application form and a personal 15-minute interview with our team. If your child is completing the application, we encourage you to do it with them and support them throughout the application process. The more we know about your child and their interests and skills, the better we can adapt the program to suit them.
To help your child experience a smooth transition to living in China (even for just a short period), we encourage you, the parent, to:
- Plan how you are going to keep in touch with each other once your child is in China; this includes both how often and the method of contact. We ensure that your child’s accommodation has Wi-Fi so they can get online and talk to you. There are many options for keeping in touch:
- A weekly email update from your child can be used to brief you on the week that’s been, and it can include anecdotes on the experiences they’ve had, photos of their favorite experiences, and updates on their work or studies. A Hotmail account is a great email option.
- A Skype account is a great way to chat face-to-face for free. Ensure you both have an account set-up and they have Skype installed on their device. Plan when and how often you’d like to chat.
- GAC can organize a Chinese SIM card for their mobile phone for you so they can text and talk.
- Chat systems and social media can offer another option for keeping in touch. WhatsApp offers the chance to message and video chat for free, while a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection may be needed if they intend to use social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Research a little about China together. Get to know a bit about the country before they come, this will benefit both you and your child. GAC will give you some information on China and what to expect, and your child will have a detailed orientation to set their expectations and help with the initial culture shock, but a little research ahead of the time will get you both chatting about the experience before they come.
- Plan your finances. Discuss how much money your child needs for each day and how they can access those funds or any additional funds they ask for along the way. We find that 50 RMB is usually enough for a day, however, if your child likes to shop, a larger allowance may be needed. All our program packages (except for the basic internship package) include accommodation for the duration of the program. Generally, pocket money is needed for meals (if not included in their specific program plan), transport or on things of personal interest. Be clear about the cost of living in Beijing, or any other city your child will be visiting.
- Visit your local medical center or doctor before they come. A health check before the trip to check they’re healthy, have had any travel vaccinations recommended and a medication plan if needed is always a good idea ahead of any trip overseas. Let us know of any allergies or medical information specific to your child, so we can better support them during their stay.
- Help your child plan their luggage. Make sure they pack appropriately and try and think of everything they may need or want to bring to be comfortable. Look up the weather for their time here, so they know what to wear throughout their stay.
- Ensure your travel documents are in order. Make sure their passport is valid for the full duration of their stay and three months before departure. Once the visa has been organized, make a copy of all their travel documentation (including flights), so you have a copy if they lose anything. Let us know as soon as you have booked the flights so we can arrange airport transfers.
Our team is available 24/7 if you have any concerns or questions (or haven’t heard from your child for a while). Our team is here to help. You will be given your program coordinators mobile number so you can get in touch at any time. We want you to feel comfortable leaving your child in our care, knowing they are happy and enjoying a safe and memorable time in China.
Your program coordinator will greet your child on arrival in China, and they’ll be taken straight to their accommodation. Our program coordinator will be supporting them throughout their stay. They’ll be shown around and within the first few days will have a detailed orientation session and welcome dinner. They’ll get to meet the other participants in their group and be briefed on how to stay safe and well in China, what to expect and be given the support they need to cope with the initial culture shock.
Our team is on the ground supporting our participants as they work, study and explore China. We have 24/7 support to help them with any needs or questions they may have, from day-to-day support through to lending a hand in medical or other emergencies. Our team is also here for you. You’ll have your program coordinators contact details. Feel free to get in touch to see how they’re going, discuss any concerns or even if you haven’t heard from them in a while – our team will track them down and prompt them to get in touch for you.
After spending some time abroad studying or working in a different culture, your child could need a little time to readjust to their old life when they return. It is not unheard of for participants to experience a little re-entry shock on arrival at home. You can reduce the impact by making sure they can continue to practice their Mandarin, chat to friends they made while away and help them feel like that part of their experience has come home with them.
Your child will be one of our Alumni once they’ve completed their program. They’ll be able to connect with other Alumni in the network and may even have the opportunity of full-time work once their internship (if they had one) is completed. Should they have any questions once they’re home, we’ll still be here to support them.
Making it easy
Planning time abroad in China, organizing your sight-seeing, accommodation and tuition can be complicated! Making sure you have everything sorted, from choosing the right place to study or arranging an internship abroad to transferring credits, organizing visas and getting around can do your head in. Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your child’s stay in China is memorable for all the right reasons!
GAC can make sure your child gets good learning and internship options, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC arranges affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for your child.
With GAC you get:
- Internship/Course placement
- Visa support
- Airport transfers
- 24/7 support hotline
- All course materials including textbooks
- Orientation and welcome support and activities
- Networking opportunities
- Cultural and outdoor experiences
- Certificate and course credits
Go Abroad China offers excellent value for money.
Our standard packages have more inclusions than our competitors,
and we fully tailor your experience to match your needs.
Why Choose GAC?
Transferring to an international university in another country can be a complicated process. Making sure you have everything sorted, from choosing the right place to study to transferring credits, organizing visas and getting around can do your head in. Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your stay in China is memorable for the right reasons! GAC can make sure you get into the university of your choice, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC arranges affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for you. With GAC you get:
Cultural and Outdoor Experiences
Certificate and Course Credits
24/7 Support Hotline
Why Choose Go Abroad China's Chinese Programs
- Internationally recognized language programs
GAC partner with the top universities in China to provide you with internationally recognized language classes that accelerate your mastery of the Chinese language. Learn together with fellow students, business people and expats from across the world. Classes can be supplemented with one-on-one tutoring or additional small group classes. Students can choose a standard 20-hour study week or an intensive 30-hour study week. Classes are taught by qualified and experienced teachers who are bilingual, comprehensively trained, and who have years of Chinese teaching experience.
- A Choice of Destinations
GAC offer programs in a number of Chinese cities, giving you the chance to choose the type of experience you would like. Join us in Beijing or Shanghai for the hustle and bustle of a modern city, or go for something quieter in Nanjing, Dalian is great for those that love history while Hangzhou is perfect for those who love natural beauty. We have something for everyone.
- Experience all China has to offer
GAC programs include a range of activities to keep you busy exploring and getting to know new people. From visits to the top historical landmarks such as The Great Wall, The Forbidden City or The Pagoda, to social activities and adventure outings such as hiking or rock climbing. Experience the culture through cultural activities such as calligraphy, Kung Fu, Thai Chi or local cooking classes (and more). Meet the locals and practice your Mandarin while you live amongst them, and while you’re at it you may just get to learn the local lingo!
- Comprehensive packages that are value for money
Our packages include many of the extras our competitors charge extra for. Your packages include everything you need to enjoy your stay and feel hassle-free; from pre-departure support to visa documentation, insurance and medical aid, orientation, social and cultural activities and more.
- Around the clock support
The GAC team are here to support you throughout your experience, from helping you through your application to 24/7 daily support during your stay here in China and even once you’re home through our Alumni team. Our goal is to ensure that we’ve taken care of everything so you have a hassle-free stay.
- Customize your experience
As one of the few comprehensive China program providers, we can mix and match the main components of our programs to tailor your stay to match your interests, goals and studies. Combine language studies with additional classes at university, add additional Mandarin classes to extend your learning, take an internship, see China by adding in some extra trips or make a meaningful contribution by volunteering. Come any time of year for any duration, we’ll make it work for you!
- INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
As a parent, you’ll know that finding your first job and gaining experience is the biggest challenge your undergraduate or graduate child faces. A China internship can launch their career and help them get their foot in the door of their chosen profession with international experience that will look great on their résumé.
- LANGUAGE & CULTURE IMMERSION
We urge our participants to take what they learned in the classroom and use it to engage with the local Chinese people. From business language to every-day Chinese, our applicants can choose to learn what they like, all the while making new friends and language partners! They will have many opportunities to immerse themselves in Chinese culture, and they can take part in exciting Chinese cooking classes, martial arts, enjoy the varied Chinese cuisine, and many more activities. It is our number one priority here at Go Abroad China to give them a platform to make the most out of their trip to China.
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY
Networking is particularly important to our internship participants. We organize networking events to help them meet and gain knowledge from influential and successful business individuals. You never know which contact may lead to long-term employment! Besides that, we also help our different program participants to get to know one another, leading to new (potentially life-long) friendships.
- GAC FINANCIAL SUPPORT
We believe that if you really want to come to China, then nothing should stand in your way. That is why we offer GAC scholarships and other forms of financial aid to the most qualified candidates annually, proving our dedication to the promotion of cultural bridges and mutual understanding. If the cost of living in China is a bit steep for an applicant, we can try to introduce a part-time job to help out.
- PROFESSIONALISM AND HONESTY
We are a team of hardworking, professional employees and always make sure that all of our participants’ personal information sent to us during the application process is treated with the highest level of confidentiality and is solely used for program application.
- PROVEN QUALITY AND SATISFACTION GUARANTEEDOur participants’ happiness and satisfaction are at the forefront of our values. Should you not be satisfied or have more specific requirements regarding any of our programs, we are ready to customize and seek further alternatives to meet your needs. Over the years, we have received participants from many different countries; and due to hard work, we have consistently received positive feedback from our clients. Some of our alumni even recommend their friends to get on board and experience China with Go Abroad China! Have a look at our Participants’ Feedback and Video Gallery to understand how we operate.