Do you know what the most spoken language in the world is?
If you said English, you’re close! Mandarin is the most spoken language in the world, with English not too far behind. Learning to speak Mandarin can open doors for you globally and make a positive impact on your future.
Find adventure and accelerate your Chinese language proficiency by coming to study Mandarin Chinese in one of our high-quality Chinese language programs. When you study abroad, you get to immerse yourself in another culture and learn the language much faster than studying in your home country.
Come for a couple of weeks, a semester, a season or a whole year. No matter how long you choose to stay for, we’ll be here to make sure your stay is fantastic and that all you have to worry about is working hard and having fun!
Tuan - Australia Internship Program in Beijing
Living and working in Beijing really opened my eyes. The people are extremely nice and helpful. During work, even though there is a huge language barrier, my colleagues do try to communicate with me and the manager was able to organise me to learn from different departments. I was able to make new friends and visit many places in Beijing. Everyone from GAC are very helpful and supportive. Overall I am satisfied with the program. Read More
Laura - USA Internship Program in Shanghai
Go aboard China was the one of the best things to happen to me!!! I did the homestay program where I stayed with the cutest family they were so kind to me!!! Kinder then the family I have now lol I actually miss them and think of them often even though it's been a few months since I left the program. I also got to work in an amazing engineering firm Wison were I had the most loving and hilarious coworkers, I literally just fit right in ! GAC I would recommend to a friend or any one reading this. Even when i wasn't in the city of Shanghai , GAC still helped me, plan , get and make sure I was safe during my trip to Beijing. I love GAC!!! Read More
Chris - United Kingdom Internship Program in Beijing
My time in China has been extremely rewarding. When I arrived, the culture shock was immense but I quickly settled into Chinese life, thanks to Gina and the GAC team. My internship was exactly what I was looking for, and it gave me the opportunity to work in a fantastically social co-working space in the heart of Sanlitun SOHO, a cosmopolitan and refined area. Read More
David - Australia Internship Program in Shanghai
Overall I enjoyed my experience with GAC. I was pleased with the amount of knowledge I learned and the new experiences I went through during my internship as a financial analyst at a finance company which GAC found on my behalf. The internship made me realize how fast things move in the finance industry and I feel it has prepared me well for the transition from university to the work force. Read More
Why come to China to learn Chinese?
Here are reasons why you should learn Mandarin Chinese, and more so, why you should come to China to learn it:
- Experience one of the world’s oldest civilizations juxtaposed with modern living; get immersed in the rich sights, sounds and flavors of China, they’re unique!
- Learn to speak the world’s most spoken language faster than you ever could by learning at home (and get in loads of practice with the locals while you’re here).
- Challenge yourself and grow; develop critical thinking and confidence, learn to adapt, get to know yourself better, and develop skills that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life.
- Add an experience to your résumé that will make you stand out from the crowd. Both college and employers value the characteristics you have and develop as an international student and intern.
- See some of the world’s oldest buildings, meet endangered pandas, explore the vast regional areas of China that range from mountains to deserts, and get the chance to see record breaking bridges and futuristic architecture.
- Make new friends for life that live all over the world (you may even have opportunities to visit them in their countries later on!).
- Gain global perspectives from the world’s largest exporter, get to understand international trade and how to do it well.
- Many companies across the globe, especially multinational corporations either have a presence in China or do business with China. The demand for English/Mandarin Chinese speakers is high, but the number of people who are fluent in both is low. This opens up amazing opportunities for your future!
Travel, adventure, and fun are waiting for you.
Studying abroad is your chance to seize life with both hands and experience a different life.
Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
Immerse yourself in a new culture, learn how the other side of the world lives and broaden your horizons.
Grow as a Person
Develop your confidence, be more independent and learn new things. Get to know yourself better than you ever have.
Make Lifelong Friends
Spending time, living, and learning in a new country with people from across the globe will create bonds for life.
China is a diverse country blending rich history with a cutting-edge modern lifestyle. See all the wonders China has to offer.
Gain Impressive New Language Skills
Whether you’re a complete novice or are expanding your knowledge of Mandarin, you’ll accelerate your learning immensely.
Gain International Experience
Pair your Chinese learning experience with an Internship in China and gain invaluable international working experience that will enhance your resume.
Choose how YOU Would Like to Learn Chinese in China
Go Abroad China have a number of programs available to help you learn Chinese in China. Without a doubt, our programs offer value for money with more inclusions in our standard package than our competitors. Choose one program for the year, or mix it up a little with a combination of options. Either way, you will return home more independent, confident, will have gained impressive new language skills, and depending on what program you choose, will have added international experience to your résumé that will boost your future career.
Program HighlightsGo Abroad China organizes tailored Chinese learning experiences based on your needs, goals, and interests with internationally accredited institutions. Your program will include:
- A balanced yet comprehensive curriculum integrating all aspects of the Chinese language based on your Chinese language proficiency and your level of study, i.e., standard or intensive.
- Classes include cultural immersion, modern teaching practices and oral lessons.
- Highly qualified, professors and instructors who are native Mandarin speakers.
- A range of programs to choose from, from classes for complete beginners to classes for those who have studied Chinese before.Choose your course length, from four weeks to a semester or a full academic year.
- Language Exchange Program with native speakers
- Free electives, which can be language and non-language focused.
- Safe and comfortable accommodation options.
- Around the clock support hotline and assistance.
Mix it Up a Little for a Tailored Experience
For students that want something a little different, or a little more intense, Go Abroad China can create a completely tailored program. Combine any of the above programs throughout your year for a broader, exciting experience in which you get to try different ways of learning, give back to the community and gain experience - all in a year abroad!
Some of the ways you can mix and match your program:
- Mix a university program or high school program with additional language lessons for a more immersive and intensive study program. Options include the addition of One-on-one Tutoring or extra Small Group Classes.
- Add in some volunteering opportunities. Give back to the community and make your time in China more meaningful by helping the disadvantaged.
- Add in a Paid Internship and add some valuable international experience to your resume (while earning a little cash).
Additional ways you can customize your program:
Choose Where You Want to Live and Learn Chinese
Go Abroad China offers you a range of Chinese cities to live and study abroad in.
Learn Chinese in China’s Top Universities
Highlights of our Learn Chinese Programs
Varied availability across eight Chinese cities.
A language exchange with a native Chinese speaker to accelerate learning.
Duration options include short-term, 12 weeks, and year-long.
Learn around 200 characters in a semester.
Special programs operate throughout the summer and winter seasons.
See China through guided cultural tours, activities and field trips.
Highly qualified and experienced language teachers and tutors.
Customize the program based on your budget, goals and time available.
What’s Included in a GAC Language Program?
At GAC, our primary aim is to make sure your stay in China is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Over time we’ve found that our students ultimately become our friends. Our programs can easily be customized to suit your needs. Whether you want to come and learn Chinese and study in China for a few weeks, over winter or summer, for a semester or an academic year, Go Abroad China have a program for you. If you still have questions or want to know more, why not contact us? Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Your program fee includes the following:
Go Abroad China offers excellent value for money.
Our standard packages have more inclusions than our competitors, and we fully tailor your experience to match your needs.
Four Easy Steps to Learning Chinese in China
Step one: Apply online
Once you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to learn Chinese in China, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your Chinese learning experience – why you want to study abroad, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Learn Chinese Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract and all the required documents for your study visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your Chinese study experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices range from US$3,280 to US$11,480 depending on your accommodation and length of stay.