Study Abroad at Peking University
Peking University is one of the highest ranked universities in China, forming part of an elite group of universities called the C9 League. Founded in 1898, Peking has a long history of academic excellence and was formerly known as the Imperial Capital University. Peking regularly ranks among the top two universities in Mainland China; it is well recognized both nationally and internationally.
Throughout its history and record of academic success, Peking has distinguished itself as one of China’s top, leading institutions and has produced some of the country’s most prominent leaders. Renowned for its teaching and research centers, over the past century more than 400 Peking University alumni have gone on to become the presidents of other major Chinese universities.
Situated in the Haidian District in northwest Beijing, Peking University is renown for its expansive campuses that are home to some of Beijing’s most prominent gardens. The campus still retains some of its historic buildings and structures including pagodas and traditional houses. If you choose to come and join our China Study Abroad Program in Beijing, this may just be your campus!
Peking University has a remarkable current record of 46 074 students, of whom a total of 4 400 are international students from 80 countries around the world, dispersed across a number of degree and research programs. In addition to this, a few hundred are added each year on Peking University’s annual list of international students enrolling in Chinese language programs.
Peking University’s Summer School International (PKUSSI) offers students an exciting and enriching experience. PKUSSI was established in 2009 and aims to provide aspiring students an understanding of how the world sees China and how China sees the world.
Undergraduates, graduates, and professionals can study a variety of academic courses for credits. To help immerse you more deeply into campus life and the Chinese culture, field trips, extracurricular and social events are available for you to take part in.
Why Peking University?
Join thousands of others who have loved the experience of studying at such an enriching and engaging campus, filled with history, culture and enjoyment. Peking University:
- Has an excellent reputation for its systematic teaching methodology and management
- Has international recognition for outstanding academic performance
- Has a highly qualified faculty of 55 full-time teachers, including eight professors and 29 associate professors.
- Offers a range of short and long-term customized programs
- Offers free Electives which are language and non-language focused
- Is one of our China Study Abroad Program partners and provides an exciting opportunity to become immersed in the Chinese language and culture
The programs at Peking University has delivered so much value that Cornell University signed a monumental agreement which requires their students to spend a semester at Peking University in China to take part in an internship abroad.
- International recognition for outstanding academic performance
- Total immersion in Chinese language and culture
- Affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs
- The program fee covers tuition, accommodation, visa support documents, textbooks, certificate, free culture electives, social activities and guided tours to tourist sites, networking events, welcome pack, and total support and assistance
- Homestay accommodation or shared apartment with a Chinese roommate
- College credit transfer available
Transcripts & Certification
Upon successful completion of the Go Abroad China Mandarin Language Program at Peking University, you will receive an official certificate and results transcript from the university, which are accepted by most universities around the world. Successful completion requires an 80% attendance rate and passing grades for the exams and overall course. Once you have completed the course, Go Abroad China will provide you with all the necessary documentation and assistance for credit transfer. Study abroad for a semester here; you will soon be speaking Chinese like one of the locals!
To get you started, we look forward to welcoming you to Zhongguo (China in Mandarin) for an exciting language course at Peking Daxue (Peking)!
Chinese Language Courses at Peking University
- Choose from four, six, eight or 12-week courses
- 20 hours of classes per week
- Classes include a variety of compulsory and elective courses
- The average class capacity is around 15 students
- The courses include a language exchange program with a native Chinese speaker
- The courses include social and networking events
- The courses include sightseeing tours and other cultural immersion activities
2019 Program Dates
Peking University Program Prices(NEW)
*All prices are shown in USD
- There are two program levels – Standard and Intensive. The standard program includes 20 academic hours a week, while the intensive course includes 25 hours. The intensive program is suitable for students who want to accelerate their learning and want to achieve fluency in Chinese in a shorter time. The standard program is great for those who prefer a slower pace of studying and like to combine learning with leisure.
- The program application deadline is two weeks before the program starts.
- The timing and program schedule are flexible. We will make all necessary arrangements before your arrival and stay in China.
- Each program component, such as Chinese language curriculum, the full Internship package, accommodation and others are optional. The price of the excluded components will be deducted from the overall package price for you. We can also provide individualized, customized programs based on your specific requirement. A homestay only program is also available.
- Additional language classes fees are:
- USD $30 per hour for additional one-on-one tutoring classes
- USD $25 per hour for additional small classes.
If you have any other questions or requirements, don’t hesitate to contact us online or email us at [email protected].
What’s Included in the Program Fee ?
At GAC, our primary aim is to make sure your stay in China is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Over time we’ve found that our students ultimately become our friends. Our programs can easily be customized to suit your needs. Whether you want to come and learn Chinese and study in China for a few weeks, over winter or summer, for a semester or an academic year, Go Abroad China have a program for you. If you still have questions or want to know more, why not contact us? Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Your program fee includes the following:
Four Easy Steps to Learning Chinese in China
Step one: Apply online
Once you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to learn Chinese in China, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your Chinese learning experience – why you want to study abroad, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Learn Chinese Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract and all the required documents for your study visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your Chinese study experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices start from US$1,980, depending on your service components, accommodation and length of stay.