Teach English in China
With the fastest growing economy in the world and an education system that encourages economic and cultural development, there is no shortage of opportunities to come to China to teach English. You don’t have to be studying to be a teacher or a qualified teacher to take advantage of this opportunity! High school students can come over and teach in their gap year between school and college, teachers looking for international experience can come, and new grads can use this as an opportunity to gain experience while traveling and enjoying a rich and diverse culture. Yes, you can get paid to teach English in China, while enjoying the traveling and learning opportunities we have to offer.
Coming to China to teach abroad is a fantastic opportunity. You’ll have a chance to make a difference for your students, learn the world’s most spoken language and experience all the wonders China has to offer. Depending on your stage in your studies and life, we have a number of opportunities you can choose from!
Why teach in China
Although you may like the options you see above; you may still be unsure if China is the destination for you. Here are a few reasons you should come to China to teach:
- The demand for English teachers is growing exponentially, and with no shortage of opportunities, you are guaranteed placement.
- China has a rich culture and diversity. Few other countries can offer the history, culture, and experiences that you’ll have in China. Better yet, you’ll get to experience it all like a local.
- Chinese students love learning. English classes may offer students a chance to relax a little, and you’ll get to have fun with them while teaching them the second most spoken language in the world.
- Acquire a new language that can open up opportunities, easily. Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language in the world and is easier to learn when you are immersed in it. Your Teaching package will come with the opportunity to take lessons, to practice throughout your stay and to go home with impressive new language skills.
- There’s always someone looking after you. Whether it’s the GAC team or your teaching mentor, you’ll always have support while you are with us.
Transferring to an international university in another country can be a complicated process. Making sure you have everything sorted, from choosing the right place to study to transferring credits, organizing visas and getting around can do your head in. Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your stay in China is memorable for the right reasons! GAC can make sure you get into your choice of university, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC arranges affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for you.
Why Choose Go Abroad China?
Transferring to an international university in another country can be a complicated process. Making sure you have everything sorted, from choosing the right place to study to transferring credits, organizing visas and getting around can do your head in. Go Abroad China is here to make the process as smooth as possible; we’ll handle all the details and ensure your stay in China is memorable for the right reasons! GAC can make sure you get into the university of your choice, organize all the details for you, help you with your visa and arrange the little extras that make the experience worthwhile! GAC arranges affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs. We’ve placed thousands of happy students and would love to do the same for you. With GAC you get:
Go Abroad China organizes tailored Chinese teaching and learning experiences based on your needs, goals, and interests. Your program will include:
- Language classes tailored to your level of Mandarin proficiency, from absolute beginner all the way through to advanced lessons and an intensive Mandarin program
- Free cultural or language-based electives to choose from
- A language exchange program with a native Chinese speaker - one of the best ways to grasp the Chinese language is to talk to Chinese people in everyday conversations
- A teaching placement, whether it’s for a gap year, full-time teaching abroad or a teaching internship in China.
- Free guided city tours, outings, and other acivities.
- Accommodation in a private or shared apartment with a Chinese roommate, or homestay
- Spend your gap year abroad in China and combine paid work, with learning, adventure, travel, and fun! Come between high school and college, or when taking a break from your studies. Take the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the world, get to know yourself better and make friends from across the globe. Teaching abroad in China is a unique opportunity to work and travel in a culturally rich country while deciding on your future. While you are here, you’ll be able to take part in immersive Mandarin Chinese classes that will enable you to speak the most spoken language in the world; this is your chance to see and experience China as a local.Go Abroad China is here to help you arrange an incredible gap year in China, from your visa, accommodation, and travel to a paid placement. Join other gap year students in the opportunity of a lifetime, while working and traveling. Better yet, you’ll make new friends for life.
Accelerate your fluency in Mandarin with our popular internationally recognized Summer Mandarin Language Programs. Our study abroad programs have been developed to include all the extras you need to have a comfortable, safe and enjoyable time in China, from day-to-day support through to visa help, accommodation, medical aid, cultural and sightseeing activities, and more (all included in our standard package at no additional cost).
Price for Go Abroad China Teaching Program
Four Easy Steps to Teaching in China
Step one: Apply online
Before you apply, remember to do your research, so you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to intern abroad. When you have an idea of what you’d like, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your internship experience – where you want to work, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Internship Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract with us, your employment contract and all the required documents for your visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your China Internship experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices start from US$1,980, depending on your service components, accommodation and length of stay.