Study Abroad at Nanjing University
Tracing its history back to 1902, Nanjing University is one of the oldest and most prestigious higher learning institutes in China, catering to both local Chinese students as well as international students. Nanjing University, a teaching and research university, is under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education in China. The university is one of the highest-ranking universities in China and enjoys membership in an elite group of universities called the C9 League.
Located in Eastern China's Jiangsu Province in Nanjing (185 miles west of Shanghai), Nanjing University has three main campuses: Gulou in the city center, Pukou on the northern bank of the Yangtze River, and Xianlin international campus in the east of the city. Gulou and Xianlin are connected through the subway.
Nanjing University offers a variety of multi-disciplinary courses including courses within the fields of social science, the humanities, management, natural science, and engineering. The university houses one of China’s largest libraries containing more than 4.5 million volumes.
With the university's reputation and academic success, its esteemed past graduates include the founder of the Chinese Central Banking System, Xu Boyuan, and the father of Taiwan' s Economic miracle, Kwoh-Ting Li. Many of the National Natural Science Awards first place winners in China have been graduates from Nanjing University.
In 1921, the university formally set up the department of Western Literature, the first of its kind in the country. Over the years, that led to the establishment of the School of Foreign Studies, which remains busy and annually hosts the largest number of students from the United States in China. Nanjing University offers one of the best Chinese language course in south-eastern China, providing opportunities for international students to study for a semester abroad here, or enroll anytime during the summer or winter times for shorter courses.
Nanjing University has built connections with many higher education institutions across the globe as well as several collaborative institutes including the Centre for Chinese and American Studies in partnership with Johns Hopkins University.
You can choose your China study abroad program to be placed in Nanjing and have your own experience in this beautiful southern city!
Why Nanjing University?
Join the local and international who have found Nanjing University a great place to learn and socialize.
- Affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs
- Free guided excursions to famous attractions
- Unique free elective courses
- Language exchange programs with native speakers
- Wide international cooperation
- A comprehensive and balanced curriculum that integrates all aspects of the Chinese language
- A great location to learn Mandarin in China in
- A global university with numerous overseas partners.
- International recognition for outstanding academic performance
- Total immersion in Chinese language and culture
- Affordable, accredited and quality Chinese language programs
- The program fee covers tuition, accommodation, visa support documents, textbooks, certificate, free culture electives, social activities and guided tours to tourist sites, networking events, welcome pack, and total support and assistance
- Homestay accommodation or shared apartment with a Chinese roommate
- College credit transfer available
Transcripts & Certification
Upon successful completion of the Go Abroad China Mandarin Language Program at Nanjing University, you will receive an official certificate and results transcript from the university, which is accepted by most universities around the world. Successful completion requires an 80% attendance rate and passing grades for the exams and overall course. Once you have completed the course Go Abroad China will provide you with all the necessary documentation and assistance for credit transfer. Study abroad for a semester here; you will soon be speaking Chinese like one of the locals!
Chinese Language Courses at Nanjing University
Learn Chinese in Shanghai at Jiao Tong University’s Chinese Language School and be fully immersed in Mandarin Chinese and the Chinese culture. Your classes will include all aspects of learning Mandarin Chinese, including speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, classical Chinese and Chinese affairs. The program has been designed to accelerate your grasp and proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
The highly qualified staff have years of experience of teaching Chinese as a second language and helping students to achieve excellent results in a short time. Classes are available for any Mandarin proficiency level from absolute beginners to advanced students. Along with your language classes, a series of free lectures will be provided for a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, society, history, and traditions.
- Classes are available from May to August
- Studying the Chinese language for an average duration of two to 12 weeks
- More than 20 elective courses
- Unique classes such as Ancient Chinese History, Modern Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, Contemporary Chinese Economy, Chinese Poetry, Ancient Chinese, Contemporary Chinese Foreign Policy and more
- Highly qualified professors with extensive experience of teaching overseas students
- Textbooks and other study materials designed particularly for this course
Come and do a Chinese language program in China and experience much more than just the language and classes – there are many exciting activities waiting for you! And, if you’re still deciding where to study, have a look at our other partner universities.
Nanjing University 2019 Program Dates
Nanjing University Program Prices (NEW)
*All prices in USD
- There are two program levels – Standard and Intensive. The standard program includes 20 academic hours a week, while the intensive course includes 25 hours. The intensive program is suitable for students who want to accelerate their learning and want to achieve fluency in Chinese in a shorter time. The standard program is great for those who prefer a slower pace of studying and like to combine learning with leisure.
- The program application deadline is two weeks before the program starts.
- The timing and program schedule are flexible. We will make all necessary arrangements before your arrival and stay in China.
- Each program component, such as Chinese language curriculum, the full Internship package, accommodation and others are optional. The price of the excluded components will be deducted from the overall package price for you. We can also provide individualized, customized programs based on your specific requirement. A homestay only program is also available.
- Additional language classes fees are:
- USD $30 per hour for additional one-on-one tutoring classes
- USD $25 per hour for additional small classes.
If you have any other questions or requirements, don’t hesitate to contact us online or email us at [email protected].
What’s Included in the Program Fee ?
At GAC, our primary aim is to make sure your stay in China is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Over time we’ve found that our students ultimately become our friends. Our programs can easily be customized to suit your needs. Whether you want to come and learn Chinese and study in China for a few weeks, over winter or summer, for a semester or an academic year, Go Abroad China have a program for you. If you still have questions or want to know more, why not contact us? Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Your program fee includes the following:
Four Easy Steps to Learning Chinese in China
Step one: Apply online
Once you have an idea about where, when and for how long you want to learn Chinese in China, complete our online application form to get the ball rolling.
Step two: Assessment
To make sure we know what you want from your Chinese learning experience – why you want to study abroad, what you want to achieve, where and for how long you’d like to stay – we’ll organize a 15 minute Skype interview with you. From this, we can make sure we tailor the right Learn Chinese Package for you. We’ll also know if this is the right program for you. Within two to three days after the interview, the coordinator will be in touch by email to let you know if your application has been successful. If so, we’ll send you a formal offer.
Step three: Confirmation
To confirm your placement in our program, you’ll need to reply to our letter of offer and pay your agreed deposit. Once this has been done, we’ll send you all the documents you need: your contract and all the required documents for your study visa application as well as your pre-departure package. The pre-departure package contains all the information you’ll need regarding your trip including where you’ll stay.
Step Four: Start your Chinese study experience
Once your flights have been booked, let us know your arrival details (date and time, flight number) so that we can organize airport pick-up. We’ll be excited to welcome you to our program in person!
Our support doesn’t end when you arrive. We are as dedicated to ensuring you have around the clock support for the duration of your stay as we do in getting you here. Your journey will include your paid internship, accommodation, language courses, cultural experiences, tours, and networking.
What are you waiting for? Apply online now!
Learn Chinese the fastest way in an immersive and culturally rich experience which will fast track your learning experience. Have all your needs taken care of and broaden your horizons, be more independent and make friends for life!
Promotions & Financial Aid
We want everyone to have the chance to live and study in China; to make this possible we have a range of financial options available to support students who cannot afford full fees. Contact us today to discuss promotions, full and partial sponsorship opportunities.
Our prices start from US$1,980, depending on your service components, accommodation and length of stay.